This issue of View pays tribute to two of the greatest Tibetan Buddhist masters of recent times.
We join the Tibetan people, Buddhist practitioners and countless others around the world in celebrating the 80th birthday of His Holiness the Dalai Lama.
We also look back at the life of Kyabjé Dudjom Rinpoche and the extraordinary role that he played in keeping alive and transmitting Tibet’s unique wisdom culture.
Articles in this issue include:
- A selection of memorable images of the Dalai Lama from over the years, and a personal tribute from Sogyal Rinpoche to “a leader unlike any other”.
- Sogyal Rinpoche shares his memories of Dudjom Rinpoche and pays homage to him.
- A very special teaching on meditation that Dudjom Rinpoche gave in London in 1979.
- The first visit of the ninth Khamtrul Rinpoche, Gyalwa Dokhampa Shedrub Nyima, to Europe.
- The consecration of Khandro Tsering Chödrön’s memorial stupa at Lerab Ling in France.
- The intensive group practices (drupchen) that took place at Lerab Ling.
- International conferences on Mindfulness and Awareness and Empathy and Compassion in Society.
- The pilgrimage that Sogyal Rinpoche and Orgyen Tobgyal Rinpoche made to India with a large group of students.
- The 30th anniversary of Rigpa in Australia.
- 10 years of the Rigpé Yeshé programme for children, teenagers and parents.
- A tribute to the eminent Tibetan Buddhist scholar Dhongthog Rinpoche.